Mexican Style (Spicy) Corn on the Cob
This came from one of my Mexican co-workers who had brought it for a carry in. It is very simple to make. I was a little skeptical about the mayonnaise but when I ate it, I devoured it.
- Ready In:
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- shredded parmesan cheese
- cayenne pepper, depends on how hot you like it (to taste)
- 1 piece bread (this is for ease of putting mayo on corn)
- Roast the corn on a charcoal grill just until tender and you have nice grill marks.
- Liberally spread mayo on piece of bread.
- Roll hot ears on the bread.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on (to taste).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I live in Mexico and this is a common street vendor fare. Some people also add a few drops of lime juice to make it tangy.Vendors use a pastry brush to spread the mayo. Sour cream can be used instead of mayo. Cheese can also be grated queso añejo or cotija. Finely minced fresh epazote l will give it an exotic herb flavor
The flavor is wonderful! Loved the idea of spreading the seasoning on the bread.....questioned the mayo, but it turned out great. Next time I'll try softened butter and the seasonings I want on my corn. That way we can just have the guests just eat the bread! I absolutely love the way you spread the mayo/butter on the bread....great idea! Thanks so much for the recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2011.