photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- 6 medium tortillas
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 4 cups mexican cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup salsa verde
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Brush the tortillas with oil and broil at 450 degrees F for about 3-4 minutes per side until puffy and light golden.
- Brown the beef over medium high heat until cooked. Drain any fat and return to heat.
- Add taco seasoning, cumin, oregano, chili powder, pepper to taste and water.
- Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread red salsa on the first tortilla then add beef and a layer of cheese.
- Spread refried beans on second tortilla and cover the first tortilla, bean side down.
- Spread salsa verde over the top of the second tortilla and add cheese, tomatoes, olives and green onions.
- Repeat with other tortillas to make 3 pizzas in total.
- Broil at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Dish and cut each pizza into fourths and serve hot with sour cream, hot sauce or guacamole.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!