Hearty and filling! Not for the diet conscious but great for the flavor conscious!
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushroom pieces or 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauted in
- 1 lb deli sliced honey-roasted ham
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 12 ounces Lawry's mesquite marinade
- In a large skillet pour in the jar of pineapples with juices and add chicken breast.
- Cook over medium high heat until the breast are no longer pink in the middle. Remove meat from skillet and discard juices.
- Arrange breast in a large casserole. Pour mesquite marinade over all the breasts.
- Evenly divide first mushrooms and then ham onto the top each breast.
- Top each breast with a thick slice of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees about 10 minute or until cheese is melted. (You can also do this step in the microwave. It takes about 2 minutes on high!).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I followed the recipe pretty much as listed, except I didn't put the mushrooms under the ham and cheese. The chicken turned out tender and had a nice flavor with the ham and cheese. However, I just didn't feel the pineapple chunks belonged in this recipe. It was just a strange flavor when all together. There were so many flavors going on with the smoky marinade, the pineapple, ham, cheese, mushrooms - they just did not seem to come together. I think the pineapple was the mis-match. If I made this again, I would omit the pineapple and cut down on the marinade amount. It had a very strong flavor and I don't think was meant to be a sauce. PamReply