Merry's Habanero Jalopeno Chili
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded
- 6 ounces meat broth
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a nonstick pan placed on a stove top set to medium-high heat, add olive oil or cooking spray. Crumble and brown meat. Drain fat/excess fluid.
- Add the can of tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic, jalapeno, and habanero peppers to a blender; puree.
- Add the meat, puree, and the remainder of ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
- Stir occasionally and mix well before serving, garnish as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!