Meme's Chess Tart
photo by Heartspell
- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
- cooking spray, butter flavor
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla wafers (about 45)
- 5 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons splenda-blend sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup splenda-blend sugar
- 1⁄4 cup splenda-blend brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, finely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 egg yolk, large
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the tart shell: Coat a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray. In food processor mix together wafers, butter, Splenda Blend sugar and salt. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to a rimmed baking sheet and bake until tart shell is golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reduce oven to 325.
- Make the filling: In food processor mix together sugars, cornmeal, and salt, breaking up clumps. Whisk in butter. Pour filling into tart shell. Bake until top is dark golden brown and edge is set but center is still a bit wobbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cooled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm just a good ol country girl that loves to create! I call it creating...not cooking. I got this love from my mother (Love you!) and Granny (Miss you somethin aweful-RIP). <br /> <br />I'm a homemaker and I've started my own buisness. I have two wonderful children and three of the most beautiful, loving, sweetest grand children in the world! (I lovingly refer to all of us as the Family Circus) My children have inherited my love of cooking; they've been helping me since they could stand in a chair in the kitchen! My grand children are learning this love as well! <br /> <br />Then theres lots of people that have adopted me...lol. Many because they love my cooking. The others...well I haven't figured out yet why, but they always seem to show up just before dinner is being served. Cook'em some good ol southern soul food and they just might ask if they can move in!<br /> <br />I'm always looking for new recipes and I follow the directions (the first time anyways). Then if we like it, I'll modify it and make it my own. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>