Melanie's Mock Angel Food Cake
photo by haverman
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- Mix sugar and cake flour with boiling water and put in the fridge to get really cold.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add baking powder, cream of tartar and almond flavoring.
- Fold this mixture into the cold cake mixture and bake in a 13x9”pan, ungreased, until done at 350°.
- Check at 30 minutes, then at 10 minute intervals thereafter.
- (my first one took around 35 minutes, I believe) When the top is golden brown, it is done.
- To make the frosting, simply mix all the ingredients together using enough milk to make the mixture the texture you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!