Mediterranean Poached Fish
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this on another recipe site, made it on a whim, and received excellent feedback from the family.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 12 kalamata olives or 12 black olives, pitted
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 fillets, white fish (5-6 oz., tillapia, flounder, catfish)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic. Cook about 6 minutes, until softened, stirring so garlic does not burn.
- Stir in tomatos, wine, capers, olives, lemon zest and juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Add fish and cook, covered, over medium-low heat for about 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Gently turn fish halfway through cooking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a tasty dish. I used cod and followed the instructions completely. Definately one I will make again. DH kept coming in and looking at the olives (I used the kalamata) and capers and raised an eyebrow but sure did gobble everything down. He even said lets have this again. Thank you for such a good and easy recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.Reply