One of our favorite meals. It is low in calories, can be a whole meal alone, or served with crusty bread and a salad.It is easy to prepare and the sauce really compliments the fish. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 fish fillets (talapia, orange roughy)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (may use diced tomatoes with onions and green pepper)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute the zucchini and garlic in a skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Saute until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
- In a 9x13 baking dish place the zucchini and garlic evenly in the bottom.
- Place the fish evenly on top.
- In a small bowl mix the next five ingredients and pour over the fish, covering well.
- Place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the whole dish and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellant fish recipe, very tasty! I used halibut steaks, the topping was delicious, we loved the combination of capers, black olives, tomatoes, garlic and sweet pepper. I had to use celery for under the fish as I had no zucchini , it worked fine. The parmesan cheese on top was the perfect finish! Just made half a recipe for the two of us, we enjoyed it very much and i will make it again. Thanks for posting.Reply
see 10 more