Medeltida Brod (Middle Ages Bread)
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Add sourdough starter, salt, honey and butter.
- Stir until well-blended.
- Add flours and blend.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes.
- Place dough in a large buttered bowl, turning to coat all sides.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down and knead for a couple of minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover, and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until loaves are browned and sound hollow when tapped with a finger.
- Cool wrapped in a towel.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!