MeatLoaf Low Carb Low Fat
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a variation of the Low Carb Beefed-Up Meatloaf by George Stella on Low Carb and Lovin' It, Brown Baggin' It Episode
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute (recommended ( Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 8 ounces thawed chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb low-fat provolone cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato topping ingredients. Set aside. Add a few drops of water to thin to a ketchup consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, eggs, Parmesan, vegetables, herbs, and seasonings.
- Working on a waxed paper lined sheet pan or counter, form meatloaf mix into a 10 by 8-inch flat rectangle on the waxed paper. Place a layer of prosciutto slices on top, followed by a layer of provolone slices. Roll up the stuffed meatloaf mix like a burrito and seal the edges all around by pinching the meat.
- Place the roll, seam side down, into a 5 by 9-inch loaf pan. Spread a heavy coat of the tomato topping to completely cover the top of the meatloaf. Place in oven and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the temperature on a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Drain fat and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION