Meatless Elk Roast
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 slices fresh bread, cubed
- 2 2 cups worthington brand canned soy protein veggie burgers or 2 cups textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Sautee first 3 ingredients together.
- In large bowl, combine the rest on the ingredients.
- Add sauteed to ingredients in large bowl and mix.
- Press into baking pan or 9x12 casserole.
- Mix together first 4 topping ingredients, then add water.
- Spread on topping.
- Bake@ 350 for 30-45 minute!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Turned out great. I have to admit I was a bit worried while mixing it all together- it just looked so weird. But, it does taste great. Love the topping as well. Makes a lot, we have been eating it for leftovers and it holds up great. Don't know that it actually tastes like elk, but that's fine with me! Thanks for posting this recipe, will be in our regular rotation for sure. Served with roasted potates and broccoli.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have lived in Victoria, TX for EXACTLY 1 year now. I was live-in caregiver for an 83 yr old lady until she gave me her house in exchange for taking care of her until she dies. I love to go to church and spend time with my church family. I LOVE music, all kinds except rap and metal rock. I love the beach and live approx 28 miles from it. I LOVE good food TOOOOOOOOOO much more than I should!! I have 5 grandbabies that I ABSOLUTELY ADORE!!!!!