Meat and Potato Chili Soup
This came out of a magazine several years ago. Again, I have modified it to suit my family's taste. It is a soup, which has the taste of chili. Wonderful on those cold days of winter. It also can be put into a crockpot and cooked until potatoes are tender.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 lb beef stew meat, cut in to small cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cubed unpeeled potatoes
- 1 -2 whole hot pepper
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over med.
- Add meat and onion; cook 5 tp 6 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining chili ingredients, except potatoes.
- Leave hot peppers whole.
- Reduce heat to med; cover and cook 40 to 50 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in potatoes; cook 15 t0 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and hot peppers.
- To serve, ladle chili into bowls; top each with a dollop of sour cream and/or horseradish.