Mean Chef's Focaccia Di Patate Alla Genovese
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Boil in salted water until tender, drain and put through a ricer (no lumps).
- Cool to room temperature.
- Warm milk to 110 degrees, sprinkle yeast over top, whisk in and let sit for 10 minutes.
- whisk 6 tbl oil into yeast mixture.
- Add potatoes, flour, 2 tsp salt and sage.
- Mix with paddle until dough is formed.
- Change to dough hook and knead on low for 3 minutes, until dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- Finish kneading by hand on floured work surface.
- First rise: 1 hour.
- Preheat oven with baking stone to 400.
- Oil a 1/2 sheet pan, place dough in pan and press out to edges.
- Dimple top, sprinkle with coarse salt, cover with cloth and let rise 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Place pan directly on stone and bake until top and underside are golden, about 25 minutes.
- The dough can be formed in rounds and baked directly on stone.
- Can omit sage and substitute other herbs.
- Can top with caramelized onion or other toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!