Marmie's Meat and Asiago Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
photo by Marmies
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup crouton, Multi Grain Caesar flavor, finely ground
- 1⁄4 cup oats, large flake, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning (I used even more, but I like it seasoned more heavily)
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsley crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 4 portabella mushrooms, washed, with stem and gills removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In large bowl, mix first 10 ingredients well. (I use my hands.).
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil in each mushroom.
- Divide meat mixture evenly into 4 portions.
- Pat meat mixture into a little meatloaf to fill the centre of the portabella mushroom.
- Spray pan with non stick spray and place stuffed mushrooms on pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minute untill cooked through and browned.
- (1/2 of one of these delicious mushrooms was lots for me for dinner with potatoes and salad.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on a farm in beautiful Alberta Canada with my husband and children. Between us we have six 'kids' ranging in age from 16 - 26 years old. Now that there are only two of our kids left living at home, I have more time to play around with my real passion; cooking and trying new recipes. I really love it when the kids come home so I can cook for them. I truly enjoy harvesting our massive garden (well, actually it is more my husband Jerry's garden if I am honest.)and putting up preserves every year. We have a great arrangement, he plants and weeds - I cook and can everything edible! It works well for us. My favorite thing is when my husband and I share a glass of wine while I am cooking and have the best visits. Oh so much good food out there and so little waistline to spare! My idea of a nice vacation souvenir is a pile of new and unusual spices to play with! If I don't know what it is.... I just search for it on Recipezaar!!! Way too much fun!