Marinated Veal Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another recipe from a very old cookbook that my Grandmother gave me. I haven't allowed for marinading time in the prep time. The recipe calls for seasoned pepper, you may like to try lemon pepper.
- Ready In:
- 8 veal chops
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine or 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small beef stock cube, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Combine chops, thyme, wine, juice and pepper in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain chops, reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chops, cook on both sides until lightly browned and tender, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade, stock cube and sour cream to pan, cook, stirring, until mixture boils.
- Serve sauce over chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION