- Ready In:
- 1 lb red potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1 lb sweet potato (unpeeled)
- 2 large scallions, chopp4ed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 dash nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cook the red potatoes and the sweet potatoes separately in water to cover in saucepans until tender; drain. Cool slightly and peel. Mash in separate bowls.
- Saute the scallions in 1/4 cup butter in a skillet until tender. Stir half the scallions into each bowl of potatoes.
- Whisk the sour cream and the whipped cream in a bowl. Fold half gently into each bowl of potatoes. Add half the nutmeg, salt and pepper to each bowl.
- Layer the potatoes, one half at a time, in a greased one-quart baking dish.
- Swirl with a knife to marbelize. Sprinkle with a mixture of the bread crumbs, melted butter and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Note: This casserole freezes well before baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!