Maraschino Cherry Shake
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, liquid drained and reserved
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- whipped topping (optional)
- 1 whole maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- Blend cherries, cherry juice and ice cream in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour into 4 (12 oz.) glasses. Top with whipped topping if desired and garnish with whole maraschino cherries.
Join The Conversation
I was worried about how this shake would actually taste, given that we don't care for maraschino cherries. However, I was making a special Valentine's Day dinner for my family and wanted something "pink." So, I tried it and, to my amazement, the taste was fabulous! My boys aren't terribly fond of anything cherry, but they really enjoyed this shake. I will definitely make it again!
It's funny how I should come across this recipe now. DH's newest favorite shake from Culvert's is this exact recipe. I think they use frozen custard as their icecream base, but non-the less this is much cheaper and oh so good. I used Breyer's 1/2 fat All Natural Vanilla. I did cut the recipe down a bit, but still used 1/4 cup of the cherry juice and about 1/2 jar of cherries. What a treat Cathy and one that will be repeated oft. Made for ZaarStars~!