Sparkling Rhubarb Spritzer
- Ready In:
- 12 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- In Dutch oven, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; strain and reserve juice.
- Discard pulp.
- Add sugar and pineapple juice to reserved juice; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill thoroughly. Just before serving, add soda and ice cubes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Mmmm! What a refreshing different drink! I halved the recipe since there's only 3 of us. I used diet soda and splenda. I actually used less than half of the lesser amount of sugar recommended which I found plenty sweet. I found the rhubarb taste mild yet very detectable, while the pineapple flavour was also present but even milder. A great mix of flavours for a very enjoyable drink. Reviewed during ZWT 4.