Maple Walnut Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 basic butter pie crust (Basic Butter Crust freeze any left-over dough)
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepasre pie crust and line a pie plate.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Beat until well combined.
- Stir in nuts and bake for 30-40 minutes or until center is set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is wonderful to taste, and very easy to make. I cheated and had a bought, unbaked pie crust. It is simple to make and, in my opinion it tastes best served cold. I did try it while it was still warm, but I must have been a little too eager, as I burned my tongue. But the wonderful aroma that was wafting around was more than I could resist. Thanks for sharing Di.
I am so sorry for this bad review but this pie was just not for us. We both love maple and walnuts but the taste of this pie was just not good. Only half of the pie set too. I cooked it a littlelonger than the recipe called for because our oven cooks slow but I did cook it long enough to where it should have been set through. It does have a nice sweet taste and is pretty but that is all that I can say about it. I am sorry, DiB's. Just being honest. :-(