Maple Pecan Pie
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub the fats into it until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add just enough cold water to mix to a dough that leaves the bowl clean. Leave the pastry to rest in a polythene bag in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn the oven to 400°F.
- Whilst the oven is heating up toast the pecans for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Roll the pastry out and place in a pie dish that has been dusted with cornflour.
- Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter and mix together with the maple syrup, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the pecans, you can chop them in half if desired.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 1 hour at 275°F.
- The pie is ready if it does not wobble at the outer edges when you twist the dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a delicious pie! I would love to give it more than 5 stars! I prepared this pie as a remake version for the Diabetic Cooking Challenge February 2008 using 1/2 cup of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, 1/2 cup of Smuckers sugar free syrup, subbed 1 teaspoon of Maple flavoring and added 1 teaspoon corn meal for volume to the pie. Thanks Pie Queen for sharing this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am from London, England, I moved to Florida about 2 years ago. Now I am a graduate student at UF. I first started using this website to find the carb values of food since my fiance is diabetic. I just recently learned how to bake pies and am now obsessed with baking! I am also a vegetarian and enjoy cooking healthy meals. <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/photo-swap-7sticky.jpg">