Maple Flax Muffins
- Ready In:
17 smallish muffins
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, frozen
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 400'.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the butter into the dry mixture.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients, then stir them into the dry and butter.
- Mix gently and only until just combined.
- Fill 30 mini muffin cups or about 17 medium sized muffin cups.
- Bake the mini ones for about 10 minutes and the lager ones for 18-20 minutes.
- The should be lightly browned and springy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!