Mango Citrus Chutney
- Ready In:
2 8 oz. jars
- 2 cups diced peeled ripe mangoes
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 4 teaspoons minced serrano chile
- 2 tablespoons finely minced mixed citrus peels (lime, lemon, orange)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalaunji)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- In a pan, mix together mango, vinegar, sugar, shallots, ginger, chiles, citrus peel and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly to maintain a gentle boil. Cook until reduced to a thick puree, about 15 minutes.
- In a small pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add nigella and saute until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add fenugreek and saute for 10 seconds. Pour oil mixture into chutney and mix.
- If canning, ladle hot chutney into two hot 8 oz. canning jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Chutney has a shelf life of one year.
- Otherwise transfer chutney to a clean jar and let cool. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!