MaMaw Franklin's Barbecued Meatloaf
This recipe came from my Grandmother from the mountains of West Virginia who had 9 children and knew how to stretch food to feed her family. It's great hot or cold.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- Combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Shape meatloaf into a ring and place in a dutch oven.
- In a bowl, mix together the worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, water and onion.
- Pour over meat and fill hole with sauce.
- Baste one or twice while cooking.
- Bake, covered, in dutch oven at 350 degree for approximately 1 hour, 30 minutes or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION