Magical Orange Cake or Loaf
photo by Luanna C.
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Line loaf or cake tin with baking paper.
- Wash the orange and cut into segments.
- Process the orange to a pulp - pips, rind and all!
- Melt butter in microwave. (Use a bowl big enough to hold all ingredients)
- Stir in the sugar
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the pulped orange - stir to combine.
- Gently stir in sifted flour.
- Bake for approx 35 mins or ready when tested with a skewer.
- All done -- so simple!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious, unusual recipe. Made it just as posted. However, the recipe doesn't say when to add the orange puree so I alternated stirring it in with the flour. I also added a drop or two of oil of orange and a few drops of vanilla. (We just can't seem to leave a recipe alone, can we!)A very quick dessert, great with coffee or tea, probably excellent with berries and cream.