Madagascar Vegetable Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 quart water (lightly salted)
- 4 carrots, julienne strips
- 1 turnip, julienne strips
- 1 1⁄4 heads cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Tabasco sauce
- Bring water to a boil and add carrots, turnip, cabbage and green beans. Cook, incovered, 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- While still hot, sprinkle with curry and pepper. Mix well and let cool.
- Add onion, vinegar and oil to veggies and toss.
- Stir in enough Tabasco to give the mixture piquancy.
- Chill well before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.