- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (i use low fat)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (i use light here too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (although black works fine here)
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 oz uncooked)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (i use reduced fat)
- 1⁄2 cup diced baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Add macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- Toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 to 4 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was looking for a simple recipe to make to sell in my deli. I tried this recipe and it was an instant hit. This salad is a "drier" macaroni salad. Some macaroni salads seem to bathe in mayonnaise. This does not. I have been making this salad with some adaptations for more than 6 months usually twice/week. As a note, I made this salad originally as written with both red and green peppers. When I didn't have red peppers, I substituted roasted red peppers finely diced or diced pimento. It doesn't add a lot of flavor, but it makes for pleasant presentation.
A bit different than my usual macaroni salad. I liked all the vegetables in it, using red onion rather than green. I would shred the carrots next time as I'm not so good at dicing and my carrot pieces were just a bit too big. I added some seasoning salt and garlic powder for just a little extra flavor.