Lundy's Ultimate Biscuits
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut butter and shortening into small pieces and add to flour mixture.
- Using hands or a pastry blender, crumble the fat into the flour mixture until the butter and shortening are pea-sized pieces and the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Knead dough gently on a lightly floured work surface.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick which is crucial to the outcome of the biscuits.
- Use a 2 inch biscuit cutter or glass to cut out the biscuits and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 14-15 minutes until golder brown and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've collected recipes since I was a teen. After all these years I'm trying to get all my index cards and clippings, that still sound interesting to me, posted here so that I can find them and eventually make them! <br /> <br />I've posted some of my Mom's recipes. I regret not having paid more attention to my Grandmothers' cooking. They made some dishes that I miss and there were/are no recipes for them. <br /> <br />I have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful sons. They are thrilled that I found this site since they directly benefit from it! Before finding 'Zaar, I was less of a cook and more of a recipe collector but now I try many more things and we're having more fun in the kitchen (at least I am)! <br /> <br />Thanks for all your ratings, comments and help in the forums AND for posting so many great recipes. You've enhanced my cooking skills and expanded my horizons! I've learned so much. <br /> <br />For fun, I also like to read fiction, travel, see movies and shows, shop (and I love to browse thrift shops and rummage/garage sales for cookbooks, etc.). <br /> <br />The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a new star Brillat-Savarin</p>