Low Fat Veal, Bacon and Mushrooms in Red Wine
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven 200C/400F; DEFINATELY cook bacon this way for ease! I used rindless bacon on lined tray with parchement paper/baking paper; http://www.recipezaar.com/208501.
- Lightly spray fry pan and saute finely diced red onions for 5 minutes; ADD diced mushrooms until cooked; PLACE in oven casserole dish.
- Pound veal steaks thin and lightly saute them in frypan.
- NOTE: I cut veal steaks into three pieces for ease; also cooked for 1 minute each side.
- ADD to casserole dish.
- In bowl, mix cornflour and a couple of drop of water to form paste; ADD crumbled bacon, wine and spices.
- Place over veal mixture in casserole dish.
- COVER and cook in oven for about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>