Low Fat Chicken Florentine
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
8 servings over rice or pasta
- 2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 lb fresh spinach, or two (10 oz) packages of frozen spinach, whole leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, or italian blend cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
- layer onions and salt & pepper on top.
- heat broth and pour over chicken.
- place spinach on top, sprinkling with nutmeg.
- cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- de-bone chicken and shred into large pieces and add back into pot.
- one hour before serving, add cream cheese, cheese and milk, mixed with corn starch.
- turn to high for 30-45 minutes to thicken.
- serve over whole grain pasta or brown rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!