Low-Fat Applesauce Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with electric mixer.
- Stir in sugar and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add applesauce and eggs and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour into 9"x5" loaf pan coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love vegetarian & low calories dishes! Sweets are my favorite & I'm always looking for a way to curb my sugar cravings with lower-cal & fat options!