Low Fat Apple-Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
- Mix together oats, milk, chopped apple, and pecans in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together brown sugar, egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice and stir well to combine.
- Add oat mixture and stir well (the cookie dough will look like lumpy oatmeal).
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets sprayed with non-stick spray or lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork or spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Stephanie, and I'm keenly interested in food and the science (yes, science!) of cooking. I'm an avid Alton Brown fan, and I take a similar scientific approach to the food I eat. I'm a former successful Atkins dieter who just recently went vegetarian and I'm having to relearn how to cook. My passion for cooking is second only to my passion for music in any and most forms. Some examples: Arcade Fire, Bright Eyes, Cat Power, Death Cab for Cutie, Elliott Smith, Franz Ferdinand, Gnarls Barkley (just A-G, to name a few). Favorite cookbook of the moment: "I Like Food, Food Tastes Good: In the Kitchen with Your Favorite Bands" by Kara Zuaro. All-time favorite: Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. My grandma had one, my mom has one (and grandma's copy!), and I have one. Great format, simplicity, ease of use, can't beat it. Next cookbook acquisition will be a good metric cookbook. I already convert to metric in my head as I cook, but you lose something in the translation.