Low Carb Pork Rind Pizza Crust
photo by Rosa L.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup ground pork rind
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425. Mix cream cheese, eggs, seasonings, and Italian cheese, mix well. Add ground pork rinds last. This will be a very thick mixture.
- Plop the dough onto a heavily Pam-sprayed pizza pan, or cover a pizza pan with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and roll or pat out to edges. It's a very workable dough.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Top with the lowest carb pizza sauce you can find, mozzarella cheese and favorite toppings, bake again until bubbly. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 165 Calories; 14g Fat (76.5% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Fat.
This was delicious. I love that you can pick it up and eat it without it falling apart. I also love the fact that I can spread it into the pan without touching it as I used a tablespoon to spread it out. So great to have pizza back on the menu! Can't taste the pork rinds at all! It is very filling as I normally eat 3 or 4 slices of pizza but was well-stuffed with only 2 :) Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved! shalom! <3
WOWWW!!!! EVERYTHING that everyone said is true! After 2 slices, I'm STUFFED. I used mozzarella instead of shredded Italian cheese blend. I also added a wee bit extra of the garlic and Italian seasonings. We kept it simple and made it a plain pepperoni. My 9 year old was in awe and in love with it too. It was fairly easy to make. I used parchment paper and a double- lined cookie sheet. I put another sheet of paper on top and used a second cookie sheet to gently press out. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!
see 19 more reviews