- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lobsters (1.5 lbs each) or 2 lobster tails
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 5 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- HEAT water in a very large stock pot until boiling.
- PLACE 1 lobster, head first, into boiling water. Allow to boil for 10 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool slightly. Repeat process for other lobster. Once lobsters are cool enough to handle, cut lobsters in half lengthwise. * IF USING lobster tails, place both into boiling water. Allow to boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool slightly.
- COMBINE onion, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil in a separate large pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add crushed red pepper, white wine, sherry, and the halved lobsters OR lobster tails. Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove lobsters from the sauce.
- TWIST off two front claws where they join the body. Using the back of a knife, crack claws and remove meat from tail and body. * IF USING lobster tails, remove the meat from the shells. If desired, cut the lobster tails into large chunks.
- ADD spinach, tomatoes, and butter to sauce. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add lobster tail and claw meat. Allow to cook for and additional 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- COAT cooked, drained pasta with the sauce, transfer to large bowl (or individual dishes), top with lobster and remaining sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <img src="http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy17/ZaarBrenda/Adopted.jpg" alt="" width="205" height="170" /><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg" alt="" width="217" height="103" /><img src="http://img.recipezaar.com/img/library/founding_banner.gif" alt="" /><br /><br /><span style="color: #0000ff;"><strong><em>I'm a mother to three beautiful children: one boy and two girls. We have the cutest little grand children. He's a real charmer and a handful! And she's an absolute prescious little princess. No wonder grandparents love them so! I have a great husband who likes to help me cook and clean. <img title="Wink" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt="Wink" /> We love to garden and have a huge herb and vegetable garden every year. Wondering what to do with all the eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini is what led me to Zaar. My husband and I have a wonderful time cooking together, whether in the kitchen or on our deck. We love to eat and try new food. We just cook and eat it all! <img title="Kiss" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-kiss.gif" border="0" alt="Kiss" /> I love any holiday when my family can come home to visit. For the holidays, we always cook the traditional fare, but add new twists by adding a few new recipes into the menus. It's always interesting to see what they think! I also love cooking for our office parties. You always know it's a hit when they ask for the recipe. <img title="Wink" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt="Wink" /></em></strong></span></p>