Loaded Pita Nachos
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 3 (6 -8 inch) round pita breads
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each round into six wedges; Split each wedge in half and brush inside surface lightly with oil. Place wedges on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine chili with beans, chiles, flour and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl. Combine sour cream and milk in small bowl. Top baked pita chips with chili mixture, cheese, tomato, olives, green onion and sour cream mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)