Lime Shrimp With Asparagus
This recipe came from a TOH cookbook. The original recipe called for chicken breasts, but I changed it to shrimp. I will probably try making this on the stove instead of in the microwave.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, & minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Put asparagus, garlic and water in a 1 1/2 quart microwave bowl. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes on high until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Put shrimp, red pepper and jalapeno into same bowl. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes, until shrimp turns pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, lime juice and lime peel together. Whisk into cookeing juices. Microwave on high (uncovered) for 1 minute, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in shrimp and asparagus. Cook, uncovered, for 30 - 60 secongs until heated through. Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I waited until my husband gave me the thumbs up and then I told him I made the whole thing in the microwave! I followed the directions exactly except I had to cook the sauce for several minutes for it to thicken. After I combined everything, it was still hot so I didn't reheat it. The sauce had a wonderful flavor and the textures of the shrimp and asparagus were just right. This is definitely a keeper--thanks for sharing it!Reply