Lightened up Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
photo by Alyssia Mind Over
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves (minced or grated)
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- In a large measuring bowl or dish, mix coconut milk, Greek yogurt, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and spices. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cut onion and garlic on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place chicken pieces on top. Pour sauce over that and make sure chicken is covered.
- Combine melted butter and coconut oil and pour on top of everything in the slow cooker.
- Place on lid. Cook low 6-8 hours, stirring 1-2 times along the way.
- Serve with rice and whole wheat naan!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mind Over Munch is a brand dedicated to making living a healthy lifestyle easier and more fun! Alyssia's mission with Mind Over Munch is to redefine health. Forget about the labels, fad diets, and what anyone says is ?healthy,? and learn to make informed decisions about what is best for YOU! With great recipes, tips, educational videos, tutorials and a little kookiness, Alyssia strives to educate, encourage, and of course entertain through her YouTube Channel and overall brand. Join her healthy journey and begin one of your own! After all, it?s all a matter of Mind Over Munch!