Lettuce Wedge With Ranch Dressing
I love salads, and this is no exception. Enjoy it with homemade Ranch Dressing instead of Blue Cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, sliced (thinly)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (or minced)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, ground
- Trim the core even with the bottom of the lettuce and cut the lettuce into quarters through the core. If the quarters look too big for a single serving, either cut them in half or trim them to whatever size you feel is a good serving.
- Combine the sour cream, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, and chives in a bowl until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, set the wedge of iceberg in the center of a salad plate, add cucumber, and spoon the dressing over and dash it with a good pinch of chives.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We ate iceberg lettuce all the time growing up because my Dad grew it but now it's a special treat. I don't know what happened because we love lettuce-especially crispy lettuce. I found organically grown iceberg and combined with the fresh cucumber slices, made-from-scratch ranch dressing and chives from the garden, this was not only delicious but fast to prepare. Went well with tofu meatballs and pasta for a quick weeknight meal. Reviewed for Veg Tag February.
My mom used to slice some lettuce and top it with Miracle Whip for a quick little salad and this brought back nice memories. Loved the addition of cucumbers and the dressing was very good, just the right amount of zing. Andi thank you so much, this will be a favorite of ours! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's Recipe Tag Game.