- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb lentils
- 1⁄2 cup shallot (chopped)
- 3 ounces canned green chilies, chopped
- 3 fresh chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium diced tomato, for garnish
- Cook lentils as directed, but do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse and place in bowl.
- Combine with remaining ingredients but tomato. Toss gently.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Stir occasionally while salad is chilling. Add garnish and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was my brown bag lunch for my hiking excursion yesterday. I didn't add the tomato garnish as I wasn't sure how well the tomatoes would fare in my backpack. It's very good. I enjoyed the heat from the chiles though I used a bit less than the recipe called for as I thought it might be too hot for me otherwise. Made for ZWT7.Reply