Lemon Sesame Muffins (Vegan)
photo by magpie diner
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (ie organic sugar, evaporated cane juice, turbinado)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (or other light oil....1/3 cup less 1 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or bump up to 2 tbsp, but take one more tbsp of canola away)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350, line a muffin tin with liners or spray lightly.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or meas. cup, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix the ground flax with the water, whisk for a minute then set aside.
- Whisk the rest of the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl then add in the almond milk mixture and the flax "egg" mixture.
- Add wet to the dry, mix well but do not whip or over mix.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sugar.
- Bake for about 22-23 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I first discovered recipezaar?when googling for some recipe that I can't even remember now.??Before long I was?totally addicted and still?find it such a helpful resource for all sorts of things. People have really great ideas on this site, good senses of humour and, well, good recipes.