Date Sweet Potato Spelt Muffins (Vegan)
photo by Manderava
- Ready In:
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sunflower oil
Add to the wet ingredients
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups oats
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the wet ingredients (mashed bananas and sunflower oil) in a bowl. Add the cane sugar and chopped dates. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 375 for about 18 or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- It's normal for these to appear crispy and golden on top. That does not mean they are overcooked. The crispy top is part of what makes them so delicious!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!