Lemon Pudding Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a MCCall's Great american recipe card collection circa 1973
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- confectioners' sugar
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- seperate the 2 eggs and set aside.
- in a large bowl with electric mixer , breat the butter and sugar until well blended, beat in the egg yolks until blended.
- at low speed blend in the flour, add the milk , lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- beat the egg whites until soft peaks are raised, fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- turn mixture into shallow 8 1/2 inch baking dish, set the dish in a larger pan and pour boiling water into the pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- bake 40-45 mins or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
- let stand 15 mina before serving.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great tasting cake, this! Followed the recipe on down, although I did use a rounded tablespoon of minced lemon zest! I also didn't dust it with powdered sugar, but topped it with a large spoonful of homemade lemon curd! A nice change from those very sweet lemon bars that I crave! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]Reply