Lemon Pecan Scones
- Ready In:
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and pecans.
- In a measuring cut,stir together heavy cream and lemon extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients until dough holds together in a rough mass.
- Do not overmix.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Lightly flour a board and transfer the dough to it.
- Knead the dough 8 or 9 times.
- Pat into two circles about 6 inches round.
- Brush melted butter over the top and side of the circle of dough and sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Cut each circle into 6 wedges and place pieces on an ungreased baking sheet, allowing about an inch between pieces.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello,I collect old cookbooks,enjoy gardening,traveling and reading.I love to cook and bake!I've thought about opening my own bakery here in TN.That would be so fun!