Lemon Pecan Bread
photo by Bayhill
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in pecans and lemon rind.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9X5X3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove loaf from pan and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This just made a 5 if I could I would have said a good 4.5. This was because the taste and texture was delicious!!. However the pan reccomendation in the recipe was too small and the bread rose over the sides and took along time to cook in the middle so the edges were cooked first and I had to lower temperature to get middle to cook without burning the sides. I am going to make again but use two loaf tins. well worth the ingredients however!!!!
JIM JIM JIM....WHY OH WHY did I choose THIS recipe...I'm addicted now. The combination of lemon and pecans is not something I would normally choose in a recipe, but I'm so glad I did. I've made 2 loaves of this now and I'm blaming you for the adding poundage around my hips and waist. Excellent combination of flavors and textures. The crunch of the pecans really work well in this bread. I took Bayhill's advice and did use a little more lemon. I really recommend this to anyone who hasn't tried it.
Delicious! This dense, lightly lemon flavored loaf goes together very quickly and easily. I did add 1/2 tsp. lemon extract to boost the flavor of the lemon. The addition of the pecans gave the bread a nice crunch. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Congratulations on your win for the football pool.