- Ready In:
24 small squares
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine sugar,cocoa and salt in a large,heavy bottom saucepan.
- Stir to mix and break up any lumps of cocoa powder.
- Add the corn syrup,milk and 2 tbsp butter.
- Place over medium heat andcook, stirring constantly, until the mixturecomes to a boil.
- Stop stirring,cover the panawith a tight-fitting lid for about a minutesto steam off any sugar crystals on the sides of the pan.
- Watch closely so it won't boil over.
- Uncover and continue to cook while stirring scraping sides from time to time,until temperature reaches the soft ball stage.
- Pour the fudge onto a large platter.
- Heat the lemon zest,juice and vanilla to boiling and pour over the hot candy.
- Top with remaining 2 tables.
- of butter.
- Let the mixture cool to room temp.
- Then stir until thick, add nuts and spread onto a buttered plater.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello,I collect old cookbooks,enjoy gardening,traveling and reading.I love to cook and bake!I've thought about opening my own bakery here in TN.That would be so fun!