Lemon Cream Cake
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and shortening until creamy.
- Beat in 1 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add lemon peel, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Blend at low speed just until thoroughly blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into generously greased 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes .
- Combine lemon joice and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour over hot cake, allowing it to run down edges between cake and pan.
- Cool 30 minutes, then remove cake from pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This cake has a great taste of lemon. It's perfect with the lemon zest and the lemon juice on top. It gives enough lemon flavor. The cake is moist. I used light cream cheese. I used only 1 cup of sugar in the cake but maybe 1/2 cup would be ok. Next time I'll poke the cake and pour the syrup while the cake is still hot so the syrup can go down. Thanks jean :) Made for Cookbook tag game
My family LOVES this cake. The only changes I make is to add a couple t lemon extract, and to increase the glaze to 3/4 c lemon juice and 4 cups powdered sugar. Gives it a little more lemon kick. Even my non lemon eating son loves this cake. I made the mistake of mentioning that I was craving this while we were camping this summer, and all 8 of us were desperate for it for the rest of the week. Guess what we made right away when we got home? We are giving this to everyone on our Christmas list this year.