Lemon Cream Bread
photo by Julie Bs Hive
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Cream together butter, sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and water, blending well.
- Fold in nuts and lemon rind.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Stir sugar with lemon juice until dissolved.
- Drip over hot loaf and let stand in pan for 30 minutes.
- Turn out on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Is this a bread or is this a cake? This is one recipe you DEFINATELY want to make! Had my reservations about batter too, Good things come to those who wait, TRUE! Coated loaf pan with oil spray so wouldn't stick, Am SO glad this is one of the recipes I did pick! Browned nicely on top before its time, true! Not to worry...put aluminum foil loosely on top too! Glaze was terrific, the cake made my day, HOPE you'll try it cos it's more than O.K. :)
I was pleasantly suprised when this bread was finished. When I first made the batter I didn't care for it. It seemed heavy on the cream cheese and lacking in flavor. It is like a pound cake but with the lemon glaze to finish it off it came out lovely. I had to use orange rind to make up the other tbsp of lemon that I didn't have but it did not change anything. I am not sure how to compare this as I have not tried other lemon bread but like I said it is better than expected. One suggestion I have for everyone is to use parchment paper cut to the size of your pan bottom and you won't have a problem with getting the loaf out. I baked four small loaves for 45 minutes and then put them back in the shut off over after I glazed them for about 5 min. The glaze absorbed in very nicely. Hope this helps.