Lemon Chicken Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A wonderful clear soup with flavors that "pop" like lemon and cilantro. So light and refreshing.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice and grated rind
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to tasted
- Place chicken in pot with bay leaf and cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and chop/shred when cool.
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer, add chicken pieces, lemon juice and grated rind.
- Add chopped yellow onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, green onion and cilantro.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Taste and correct seasonings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had to make a few changes to accommodate what I needed to use up and what flavors I was looking for because I was really using this recipe as a base to imitate a soup I had at a restaurant last summer. I used 10 cups broth (as another reviewer suggested),I used juice and rind from 2 lemons, canned fire roasted diced tomatoes, and frozen chopped onion instead of chopping an onion. I also left out the corn and added 3 cups of cooked brown rice at the very end. It was amazing! Thanks for getting me off to an awesome start! I will absolutely be making this again with my adjustments.Reply
see 10 more