Lemon-Black Pepper Cornmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- Whisk the flour, cornmeal, black pepper and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and zest in a bowl with electric mixer, beginning on low and increasing to medium-high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, and beat to combine well.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and beat on low speed just until blended: dough will be crumbly.
- Press the dough together with your hands and divide in half.
- Place each half on a sheet of wax paper and form each piece into a 10X1-3/4 inch log.
- Smooth each log with dampened fingers.
- Chill the logs, wrapped in wax paper, for at least 3 hours, or until very firm.
- At least 25 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Butter 2 large nonstick baking sheets.
- Cut each log into 1/4-inch thick rounds and arrange the rounds 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time (or, if using 2 sheets, rotate halfway through baking), until the edges of the cookies are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and let cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!