Lemon Asparagus Risotto Recipe
photo by tried-and-tested
- Ready In:
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Put a steamer into a pan, cover with water. Let water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus, cook for five minutes till becoming tender. When asparagus is ready, cut into pieces and set aside.
- Put the chicken broth in another pan and cook over medium heat;.
- Grease a large skillet and put over medium heat. Continue cooking for about ten minutes till the vegetables become tender.
- Season with black pepper and salt. Add garlic and rice. Stir about five more minutes till rice is toasted.
- Fill white wine over the rice mixture, often stir, till all the liquid is dampened. Mix chicken broth into rice, allow the liquid to be absorbed fully before adding the rest. Stirring constantly for about twenty minutes. When the cooking process is finished add asparagus.
- Turn off the heat and mix with Parmesan cheese and lime juice.
- Serve when it is hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am Elina and I am from Armenia. I believe that every person can enjoy his food and be healthy at the same time. My father was a chef in a restaurant and loved to prepare healthy and delicious dishes at home too. Since then I am trying to eat healthier food and take care of my body. My inspiration for cooking comes from my father. Now I have my own family and fond of surprising my family with healthy and delicious foods. In my opinion, the most important fact of cooking is that it be healthy and does not include artificial ingredients. Today I am ready to publish my "tried and tested" recipes books that I want to share with you. I want that the reader of my cookbooks has an understanding of why it is so important to eat healthy food. My aim is to show you how you can do this in your everyday food. At the same time do not forget that enjoying food is also a great experience that is why all my dishes are not only healthy but also delicious. All the ingredients of these recipes you can easily find from the nearest supermarket. Have fun with your food!