Lela's Banana Nut Bread
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
2 small loaves
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
- Add mashed bananas and buttermilk to creamed mixture, then add flour.
- Add the vanilla and the nuts, stir well.
- Cook in well greased and floured loaf pans for one (1) hour at 350 degrees.
- Watch to see that they don't get too brown.
- This is delicious with softened cream cheese spread on the slices when served.
- My mother loved to make these loaves and give to friends at Christmas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am retired from a college where I was secretary to the Vice-President. I recently moved to a small town. It is fun getting acquainted with new friends. My favorite cookbook was published in 1950 and was given to me by an Extension agent. The cost printed on the cookbook was 25 cents.